Not just fit – Commando Fit!!
Boot Camp in Bradford that will get you in to shape in no time…
Review by Simon Harrup
So, I was pretty unfit and wanted to get into shape quickly. After just 10 sessions I’m feeling great and would definitely recommend this Bootcamp style training to anybody.
If you’re out of shape or pretty fit already and just want to push yourself that bit harder, this type of training really will get results.
I was a bit scared at first, thinking that it would be full of super fit people that would make me look stupid. In reality there’s a real mix of people, all fitness levels and from all walks of life.
The instructors will keep their eye on you and make sure you’re not going to do yourself any damage, and even the other members of the class are very encouraging. After all, they know what you’re going through!
You will need to fill out a Health Questionnaire before your first session. And you can even have your first session for FREE.
What’s it all about then?
It’s based on Military style fitness training, and gives you an all over body work out that gets you fitter and stronger.
The group is split by fitness level, each group wearing a coloured bib. Red: for those just getting started, Blue: For intermediate, and Green: for the crazy, super fit people.
Each session is 60 minutes, I’ve been going 3 times per week (because i’m mad) to get fit quickly.
No two sessions are ever the same, which is good as running or pounding a treadmill can get pretty boring and not really my thing.
The class starts with a warm up to raise the heart rate and get those muscles working right from the start.
Then it’s a combination of:
- Body weight exercises: keeping the calorie burn going whilst conditioning the muscles to the stresses of exercise.
- Partner exercises: allowing you to know you’re not on your own and that everyone is working just as hard and supporting you through-out the session.
- Cardio burn: gets the heart rate high and maintains it there for as long as is needed before the recovery period to allow active recovery.
- Core strength: works that all important central pillar to ensure you condition those muscles on firm foundations.
- Running: tempo, fartlek, interval, speed, threshold. They use all manner of methods to get you faster and fitter. Don’t worry if you can’t run though as a power walk will achieve our objectives.
- Team effort: allows you to be part of something unique and give that military ethos a healthy dose of ‘in it together’.
- Power and best effort — allows you to push yourself out of your comfort zone; overload. This is when the magic works.
- Cool down: Well done, you’ve just achieved something magic. Time to start that stretching and recovery process… until, next time.
- Don’t forget to replenish your reserves.
The instructor gives you all the guidance you need and gives different instructions depending on which coloured bib you’re wearing.
‘Believe to achieve’ is their Motto… and I believe it’s the best way to get fit, whatever your current level of fitness. Both the instructors and the rest of the group will encourage you to achieve your goals. You don’t get that at the gym, or out running on your own!
I’ve seen amazing results already, with three classes per week. I’d say it’s pretty addictive because as you start to feel better, loose weight, tone up and generally feel stronger and more energetic – you just want to keep pushing yourself.
They hold classes locally in Roberts Park, Saltaire on:
- Tuesday evenings: 7-8pm
- Thursday Morning: 6:30-7:30am (early start, sets you up for the day)
- Thursday evenings: 7-8pm
- Saturday Morning: 9-10am
What are you waiting for? ‘Believe to achieve’